Seasonal and fulltime jobs in Natural Resource Management can be competitive. Make sure you are applying for many jobs early in the season. Talk to one of our faculty members at VCSU about making your resume/C.V. as competitive as possible. At VCSU, 93% of our graduates find jobs in the field. Below are some great resources and available jobs.
- Texas A&M job board – provides a variety of wildlife, botany, and fisheries jobs along with graduate school opportunities.
- Subscribe to the Eco-log list serve – The University of Maryland hosts this email chain, which sends out postings for dozens of jobs a day. Although it is a deluge of emails, you will find many job opportunities not found in other places. Directions for signing up in link.
- USA Jobs – The Federal governments job site. The only place to apply for jobs with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, The National Park Service, The Forest Service, and The Bureau of Land Management.
- Minnesota Government Website – Apply for jobs with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources here.
- North Dakota Government Website – Apply for jobs with the North Dakota Game and Fish here.
- South Dakota Government Website – Apply for jobs with the South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks here.
- Student Conservation Association – Apply for internships with the SCA, which provides opportunities to see the country and gain some on the job experiences. These jobs are relatively easy to attain.
- Conservation Job Board – Non-profit and environmental consultant work is available here.
- Environmental Career Opportunities – A website with a variety of state and county job opportunities in Natural Resources Management.
- Conservation Careers – A website focused on non-profit career opportunities.
- The Nature Conservancy – A non-profit focused on science-based management.
- Audubon Career Center – An organization focused on bird watching and conservation.
- American Fisheries Career Job Board – Jobs in fisheries management and associated careers.