This program leads to certification for teaching art at the elementary and secondary levels. Course requirements include selected studio and methods courses to prepare you to enter the education field.
- Superior training for public school art teachers
- Professional preparation for studio artists
- Positive attitude to develop your creative potential and professional skills
TEACHER EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
You are typically admitted into Teacher Education during your sophomore year or beginning of your junior year of college.
Criteria for Admission to Teacher Education can be found at the following website: www.vcsu.edu/undergrad_ed/
THE DIFFERENCE IS WHAT YOU DO
You will have the chance to participate in opportunities outside of the classroom
- Intern teaching opportunities in the VCSU Community School of the Arts
- Internships in the VCSU Art Gallery
- Exhibitions at VCSU Art Gallery, NDUS Humanities Summit, Jamestown and Pekin Art Shows, and many more!