Opportunities for performance and liberal studies through the Bachelors Degree in Music Education.
- Superior training for public school music teachers
- Performance at the highest possible level of ability
- Broad understanding of music within the context of a liberal arts education
- Contribution to cultural environment of campus and community
Learning made fun! Enjoy using special software like Finale (composition), Sound Forge (sound editing), and Smart Music to enhance your music education. Electronic keyboards and electronic dictation contribute to a top notch program.
TEACHER EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
You are typically admitted into Teacher Education during your sophomore year or beginning of your junior year of college.
Criteria for Admission to Teacher Education can be found at the following website: www.vcsu.edu/undergrad_ed/
FACILITIES AND RESOURCES
Foss Music Hall
- One of the most modern and well-equipped facilities in North Dakota
- Froemke Auditorium seating 220 people
- Numerous classrooms, practice rooms, and rehearsal rooms
- Piano laboratory, computer center, and multi-media classroom
- State-of-the-art sound and projection system
- Vangstad Auditorium, seating 850 people
- Three-manual Moeller pipe organ, one of the finest in the region