Mission Valley City State University is a public, regional university offering exceptional programs in an active, learner-centered community that promotes meaningful scholarships, ethical service, and the skilled use of technology. As an important knowledge resource, the University offers programs and outreach that enrich the quality of life in North Dakota and beyond. Through flexible, accessible, and innovative baccalaureate and master’s programs, VCSU prepares students to succeed as educators, leaders, and engaged citizens in an increasingly complex and diverse society. (Approved by SBHE 9.25.2013)
Vision Valley City State University will be nationally recognized for advancing important collaboration, fostering innovative engagement, and promoting noteworthy transformation. Through effective use of best practices in technology, teaching, and learning, VCSU will be a destination university for students in North Dakota and throughout the region, extending its reach and influence beyond the campus boundaries.
- 1. Award degrees in education, business, and the liberal arts and sciences.
- 2. Deliver a quality educational experience in an innovative culture and a technologically enhanced environment.
- 3. Serve the best interests of our students, region, and society.
- 4. Lead in effectively applying information media technologies for learning.
- 5. Promote the appreciation of diversity, a multicultural perspective, and global awareness.
- Mission Driven
- We are committed to a learner centered philosophy. We make education meaningful with positive relationships and effective practices.
- We are flexible, creative, and free to try new things. We have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and open mind. We embrace change.
- We trust each other, we work well together, and we are involved with our local and extended communities.
- Quality and Integrity
- We have high expectations for results, integrity, and positive interpersonal relations in all we do.
- We believe that diversity of all kinds enriches the quality of thought, discussion, and learning.
Graduates document their competency in:
- Aesthetic Engagement
- Effective Citizenship
- Global Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Educational Excellence
- Invent an extended campus and deliver VCSU at a distance. Create classrooms of the future.
- Economic Development
- Work with the Valley Roundtable to grow the region and the university.
- Flexible and Responsive
- Enhance student services online and on campus. Continue to lead in implementing ConnectND.
- Deliver at least three programs via technologies.
- Funding and Rewards
- Partner with others in the region for mutual benefit.
- Sustaining the Vision
- Significantly increase university and Roundtable visibility throughout the region.
Revised: February 2014