Top Nav Leftcrn
Top Nav Rightcrn


A. Faculty Resignation to resign, he/she should initially discuss his/her proposed action with his/her division chair, submit his/her resignation directly to the Office of the President of the University, with copies provided to his/her division chair and the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The President, in turn, will provide a written acceptance of the resignation for the faculty member involved. Faculty members planning to leave Valley City State University are required to complete a faculty check-out (Form AA-38-2004) which is available in the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

B. Staff Resignation

In case of resignation, a permanent employee is requested to give four weeks' notice to the department head. A copy of the notice shall also be forwarded to the Office of Human Resources. Failure to comply with at least two weeks' notice may result in forfeiture of terminal annual pay. One week's notice is required for temporary and probationary employees.

The period of notice may be reduced or waived upon recommendation of the department head.

Reference: Staff Personnel Policies 23.1

Sponsored by: Vice President for Business Affairs
Reviewed: Winter 1996
Revised: July 2001