A. Faculty Resignations
- To resign, a faculty member should do the following:
- Discuss proposed action with his/her department chair
- Submit resignation directly to the President
- Provide copies to his/her department chair and the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Complete a faculty check-out (Form AA-38-2004) which is available in the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- The President will provide a written acceptance of the resignation.
B. Staff Resignation
- To resign, a staff member should do the following:
- Provide two weeks' notice to his/her department head
- Submit resignation directly to his/her Supervisor
- Complete a staff check-out form which is available in the Office of Employee Services
- Continue to work until the resignation date, unless prior approval to use sick or annual leave is given by the appropriate direct report to the President
- One week's notice is required for temporary and probationary employees.
- The supervisor shall provide a copy of the resignation to the Office of Human Resources.
- The period of notice may be reduced or waived upon recommendation of the department head.
Reviewed: Winter 1996
Revised: July 2001