Thank you for your interest in Valley City State University! Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified by mail of your admission status within a few days of our receipt of required documents.
Attention Applicants: Using Internet Explorer as your web browser may lead to errors during the application process, please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
A Complete Application Includes
- Application for admission
- A non-refundable fee of $35
- An official copy of the high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED
- Verification of MMR immunization
- Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Freshman Admission Guidelines
We evaluate freshman applications individually, and we welcome applications from all students who believe they can succeed at the college/university level.
At present, Valley City State University applicants must have completed the following high school criteria:
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of mathematics (algebra I or higher)
- 3 units of lab science
- 3 units of social science
- 2.0 GPA (minimum, based on 4.0 scale)
- 18 ACT (composite) OR 940 SAT (Critical Reading and Math)