IRB at Valley City State University
The Valley City State University Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects reviews all research involving human subjects to ensure compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations on the Protection of Human Subjects. This website provides guidance for faculty, staff, students, and others planning to conduct research with human participants under the aegis of VCSU. The Review Process contains a description of the principles and procedures governing research with human subjects. A Submission Process is provided for submission of proposals for approval by the IRB.
The IRB's functions include:
- recommending policies to the VPAA that are consistent with federal regulations for research involving human subjects which has been adopted by the University;
- reviewing proposed and ongoing activities in teaching and research settings where human subjects are being used;
- distributing and make available information that is pertinent to the above activities;
- providing for the education of the university community regarding the ethical treatment of human subjects in research;
- overseeing the policies and procedures dealing with protection of rights and welfare of human subjects;
- reviewing any research which poses a possible threat to the rights and welfare of human subjects.