Vehicle Rental Requirements

The State of North Dakota now has a Vehicle Rental Agreement that can be used when renting a vehicle for state business. The established contracts are with Enterprise and Hertz/National. Collision damage waivers (property) and liability are now included in the rates. Because of this contract, the State can utilize reduced rental rates PLUS damage waiver (property) (full coverage with $0 deductible) and liability coverage up to $1M.

This vehicle rental agreement is not to be used for non-University groups and organizations conducting other than state business.

State agencies must use State Fleet vehicles for travel WITHIN state or ORIGINATING WITHIN the state (some exceptions may apply- contact the Facilities Services Office for more information).

**When renting with Enterprise & National please use the general State of North Dakota account: XZ63WND and 3-digit Pin: STA.

Click to zoom

What if I get in an accident with a rental vehicle?

If there is an accident with an Enterprise or Hertz/National car: 1) Immediately contact a local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction and be sure to request a copy of the Crash Report; 2) please contact the local rental agency office where the vehicle was rented and they will fill out an accident report; 3) Contact VCSU Safety Office at 701-845-7710 to report the accident.

Where can I find more information?

Office Information

Mailing Address
Facilities Services
Valley City State University
101 College St SW
Valley City, ND 58072

800-532-8641, ext. 37705


Office Hours
Academic Year
7:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Power House

Assistant Director for Facilities Services
Patrick Horner

Assistant Director for Facilities Operations & Safety
Jessica Frerich