Scholarship Opportunity: Project Nexus Echo
Valley City State University (VCSU) and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) are pleased to announce a scholarship continuation grant project, Nexus Echo, as part of the Laura Bush program. The project will be funded until June 30, 2015. All funds must be expended by that date.
Project Nexus Echo: Tuition scholarships will be awarded to between two and four Master's degree candidates enrolled in the VCSU M.Ed. Library and Information Technologies concentration (LIT) to be used for tuition and fees. The awards range from $2,500 to $5,000. This scholarship must be used by Summer 2015. For more information and an application form, please consult the following documents or contact Donna James, Grant Project Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying for the Project Nexus Echo Scholarship. After the current awards are reviewed, there may be an opportunity for a final round of scholarships awards. Check this website for more information in early July 2014. If scholarship dollars are available, the link to the Resources and Forms (below) will be active.
Project Nexus Echo IMLS Scholarship Information, Criteria and Conditions
Application for Project Nexus Echo Scholarship Award
Due date for applications: August 5, 2014
Project Nexus Echo Request for Funds
To be completed by scholarship recipients ONLY each semester. For more information, contact Grant Project Director Donna James at email@example.com
Scholarship Selection Committee
Following a review of applications by the Grant Project Director, scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee. The committee will be made up of two people from the key grant project staff and one person representing the VCSU Financial Aid Office. Decisions of the Scholarship Selection Committee are final.
Criteria for Selection
- Have applied for or have been accepted into Graduate Studies at VCSU
- Indicate a commitment to completing the degree
- Confirm that they are able and willing to fund the remaining costs of studying at VCSU
- Agree to apply for certification as a school library media specialist/teacher librarian upon completion of the degree
Conditions of Continued Support
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in graduate degree coursework,
- Be accepted into Graduate Studies at VCSU prior to beginning the second semester of coursework,
- Maintain satisfactory progress, defined as the successful completion of a minimum of twelve graduate credits per calendar year,
- Submit a Project Nexus Echo Request for Funds each semester on or before the deadline, and
- Cooperate in request for funds and data gathering processes.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, complete the Application for Project Nexus Echo Scholarship Award
(Choose the link, Click for Resources and Forms, below, to retrieve the application)and, if you are not already enrolled in the program, visit the Valley City State University Online Master of Education page at http://www.vcsu.edu/graduate
to apply for admission. Priority will be given to students who have been accepted into the graduate program but who have completed less than 6 credits. However, anyone who has applied for admission and/or has been accepted into Graduate Studies at VCSU and commits to completing the master's degree is eligible for the scholarship award.