VCSU Project Nexus Echo IMLS Scholarship No Longer Seeking Applications
VCSU’s Nexus Echo Project, funded by an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Laura Bush Grant, offering tuition support for students who committed to earning a master’s degree from Valley City State University’s graduate M.Ed. program with a Library and Information Technologies concentration (M.Ed/LIT) is no longer seeking applications. All available tuition support has been awarded and IMLS funds for those identified recipients will be available only through June 30, 2016.
Scholarship Selection Committee
Following a review of applications by the Grant Project Director, scholarship recipients were selected by a committee made up of two people from the key grant project staff. Decisions of the Scholarship Selection Committee are final.
Criteria for Selection of Nexus Echo Recipients
- Have applied for or have been accepted into Graduate Studies at VCSU
- Indicate a commitment to completing the degree
- Confirm that they are able and willing to fund the remaining costs of studying at VCSU
- Agree to apply for certification as a school library media specialist/teacher librarian upon completion of the degree
Conditions of Continued Support
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in graduate degree coursework,
- Be accepted into Graduate Studies at VCSU prior to beginning the second semester of coursework,
- Maintain satisfactory progress, defined as the successful completion of a minimum of twelve graduate credits per calendar year,
- Submit a Project Nexus Echo Request for Funds and updated Program Planning Guide to the Project Director each semester on or before the deadline, and
- Cooperate in request for funds and data gathering processes.
Reporting Forms for Scholarship Recipients ONLY
Congratulations to all Project Nexus Echo Scholarship recipients. The two forms for requesting already awarded funds each semester are linked below and are intended for the use of Nexus Echo Scholarship recipients only:
Nexus Echo Grant Project Director Donna James may be contacted for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 701-845-7275.