Commuter Dining Plan
There are several options for you to choose from. You can choose to be on a meal plan like the resident students have or you can buy...
These are "dollars" you can purchase & put on your Viking Card for use in any of our campus dining services. You don't need to carry money...just your Viking Card!
A Full Meal Plan
To sign up for the full meal plan that the resident students have, simply contact the Housing Assistant at the Student Center Information Desk.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do Viking Dollars work?
After selecting a plan, an account number will be set up in your name for your use in the various Sodexo Food Service operations on campus. Your account number will be on your Viking Card which you will receive at the Information Desk located in the Student Center. Your Viking Card must be presented to the cashier each time you dine. The amount of your purchase will be deducted from your balance. When your points decline to zero, so does your credit.
2. How do I add money to my Viking Card?
Funds can be deposited in the following three ways:
1. Follow the link to Viking eAccounts, enter the same user name and password as the VCSU Bb portal, select the "account deposit" tab, select Add Money to the desired account, indicate the deposit amount, provide Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card information, and confirm the deposit,
2. Stop at the VCSU Business Office in McFarland Hall and provide cash, check or one of the credit cards listed above,
3. Call the VCSU Business and provide information over the phone for one of the credit cards listed above.
Using method 2 or 3, users should have the user ID number that appears on the front of the Viking Card available to confirm deposit to the correct account.
3. What do I do if I lose my Viking Card?
That would not be a good thing. However, you can purchase a replacement Viking Card at the Student Center Information Desk but there is a replacement fee of $25.00.
4. May I use Viking Dollars to buy meals for my friends & family?
You bet. Be careful though, you might run out of dollars a bit earlier than you thought. Don't worry, you can always add more if needed.
5. Where can I use the Viking Dollars?
You can use them to purchase food in the Cafeteria, the Viking I Snack Bar, where we also sell Wild Pizza, and at the Viking Grounds Starbucks Coffee Shop.
6. May a friend use my ID card to buy food?
No, only you may use your ID card to buy food or access your account. This is one of the many ways we protect you and your money from any unauthorized purchases.
7. When can I eat?
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00 A.M.-1:30 P.M.
Dinner: Monday-Friday 5:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 A.M.-8:30 P.M.
Friday: 7:30 A.M.-3:30 P.M.
Saturday: 11:30 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
5:00 P.M.-6:30 P.M.
Sunday: 11:30 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
5:00 P.M.-8:30 P.M.
Sunday-Thursday: 8:00 P.M.-10:45 P.M.
Monday-Friday: 7:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Sunday-Thursday: 6:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
SAVE ON EVERY PURCHASE AT VCSU! FILL UP ON VIKING DOLLARS!
- Tax free food purchases
- Encoded on your ID Card
- Speed through the cashier
- Enjoy the convenience of not carrying cash
- An 8% enrichment on amounts over $40
Open your account today at the VCSU Business Office.
For More Information
Call Toll Free:
1-800-532-8641 ext. 3-7130 or 701-845-7130