Structure of the Institutional Review Board: The following representatives shall be assigned to be the committee:
- The Director of Institutional Research and Assessment serves as the IRB Chair.
- One representative from the academic program areas noted below (Communication Arts, Education, Science, Business, and Music).
- One representative elected at large by the Faculty Association.
- One representative of the Administration appointed by the President in consultation with the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- One representative from the community or surrounding area.
- One representative of the medical or education profession not associated with the University.
- Respective alternate members officially permitted to attend and vote on IRB matters in cases of the absence of one of the Board's regular members.
- Additional members are allowed as determined by university leadership in consultation with faculty.
Contacting the IRB
The IRB at Valley City State University is contacted through the IRB Chairperson
Gregory D. Carlson, Ph.D.
Chair of the IRB
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Valley City State University
701-845-7480 or 800-532-8641 ext. 37480
IRB Committee Members
Heather Kvilvang, Ph.D. - School of Education
Hilde Van Gijssel, Ph.D. - Science
Ralph Hooper, J.D. - Business
Casey Williams, Ph.D. - Fisheries and Wildlife Science
David DeMuth, Ph.D - Great Plains STEM Education Center (Academic Affairs Representative)
Dale Hoskisson, Ed.D. - At Large
Rob Walsh, Ph.D. - Communication Arts
Dan Larson, Grade 7-9 Principal, Valley City Public Schools
Carol Nelson - Attorney at Law