Visual Art Exhibition Proposals
The summit will host an art exhibition featuring both faculty and student work. The exhibitions will be installed in the VCSU Art Gallery, the Allen Memorial Art Gallery, and the Skoal Room in the Student Center October 1- 12. Due to limited space each NDUS institution may submit a maximum of twelve works in any student / faculty configuration. Undergraduate student works will be judged for awards in drawing, painting, printmaking, digital, mixed media, and small sculpture.
Entry information is due September 10. Artwork is due September 22.
- All artwork must be shipped or hand-delivered to the VCSU Art Gallery by September 22. No late entries can be accepted.
- Shipped works must be sent in substantial, reusable crates and all shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist. Please include a prepaid shipping label for return of work. Ship works to: VCSU Art Gallery, 101 College Street SW, Valley City, ND, 58072. All work without prepaid shipping labels that are not picked up at the end of the Summit will be returned C.O.D.
- Hand-delivered work will be accepted Wednesday - Saturday, September 19 - 22, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. All hand-delivered must be pick up by noon, October 20.
All artists are encouraged to insure their works in transit and during the exhibition.
All potential sales will be directed to the artist.
Two-dimensional works 36" x 30" or smaller and small three-dimensional will be accepted. All works must be ready for hanging or display, properly labeled. Works not properly framed, display ready, or requiring special or time consuming installation will not be included in the exhibition.
Please attach the following information to the back or underside of the artwork.
- College/University Affiliation
- Email Address
- Student or Faculty Member
- Title of Artwork
- Size: H" x W" x D"
- Technology or other requirements
Please also be prepared to submit the following, which will not be attached to the artwork:
- 100-word abstract explaining the art work and/ or process
- 25-word biography of the artist
NB: Entries for this section have been closed.