Valley City State University is now offering a wide variety of courses for adults in partnership with Ed2Go, a leading provider of online continuing education.
Two types of courses are available: skill development courses that offer advanced training in a number of subject areas and career training courses that include industry-standard certification exams.
“We’re very excited to provide these new courses in skill development and career training in our extended learning program,” said James Boe, VCSU dean for graduate studies and extended learning. “We’ve always offered a wide range of courses for teacher professional development and license renewal, and now we can also provide valuable resources for workforce development. All classes are online, and many offer self-paced options, as well as instructor-led courses.”
In June 2020, 10 courses in the skill development category are being offered free of charge; these courses include:
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet
- Managing Customer Service
- Creating Web Pages
- Creating WordPress Websites
- Individual Excellence
- Personal Finance
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Twelve Steps to a Successful Job Search
For the free skill development courses above, registration must be completed in June, but participants have three months access to the self-paced courses.
The career training category of online courses covers a wide variety of business and industry topics, preparing participants for nationally recognized certifications. Topics include business, accounting, healthcare, information technology and more.
Examples of career training courses include:
- Commercial Driver Training
- HVAC/R Certified Technician (certification exam voucher included)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (certification exam voucher included)
- Certified Administrative Professional (certification exam voucher included)
- Quality Inspector
- Child Development Associate Training
- NASM Certified Nutrition Coach (certification exam voucher included)
- Pharmacy Technician (certification exam voucher included)
- Teacher’s Aide with ParaPro Prep
- CNC Machinist
- AutoCAD 2018 Certified User (certification exam voucher included)
To view more course offerings or obtain more information, visit www.vcsu.edu/extend
online or contact Misty Lindgren, VCSU coordinator for extended learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Note that these courses do not carry VCSU credits.