The North Dakota University System (NDUS) has announced the members of the Presidential Search Committee to identify candidates for the position of president of Valley City State University.
The VCSU presidency will become vacant when Steven W. Shirley, current VCSU president, assumes the presidency of Minot State University in July 2014.
The VCSU Presidential Search Committee—chaired by Kirsten Diederich, chair of the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education—comprises VCSU students, faculty and staff, and Valley City community leaders, along with a representative from another NDUS campus.
A national search firm, to be selected by NDUS Interim Chancellor Larry C. Skogen, will help with the search process.
Members of the VCSU Presidential Search Committee, in addition to Diederich, include:
- • Richard Clark, VCSU building services, Rhoades Science Center
- • Margaret Dahlberg, VCSU vice president for academic affairs
- • Jennifer Feist, Valley City–Barnes County Development Corp. director of development
- • Ken Grosz, Dakota College at Bottineau campus dean
- • Dick Gulmon, Dacotah Bank president and VCSU Foundation board member
- • Darla Jacobson, VCSU graduate student
- • Heather Kvilvang, VCSU assistant professor, School of Education and Graduate Studies
- • Nick Lee, VCSU undergraduate student
- • Phil Mueller, retired farmer and former North Dakota legislator, VCSU alumnus and VCSU Foundation board member
- • Charlene Stenson, VCSU director of enrollment services
- • Jamie Wirth, VCSU instructor/chair, Department of Mathematics