VCSU’s strength and conditioning concentration in the Exercise Science and Sport Management program has been named an Education Recognition Program by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) recognizes regionally accredited academic institutions for their educational programs that have met, and continue to meet, educational guidelines recommended by the NSCA.
ERP recognitions are good for three years and schools are eligible for renewal following this three-year period. To meet the requirements, VCSU must provide required content in courses such as Human Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology/Biomechanics, Sports Nutrition, Scientific Principles of Strength and Conditioning, Resistance Training and Conditioning, Exercise Technique/Exercise Prescription, and Program Design as Related to Strength and Conditioning.
Benefits to VCSU include:
- discounts on the CSCS national exam for VCSU students
- a searchable listing and link to VCSU’s program on the NSCA’s website
- a listing in the NSCA Bulletin, a members-only newsletter, featuring VCSU’s ERP distinction
- NSCA recognition logos to highlight VCSU’s achievement for use on school-approved forms, documents and recruiting materials
- a certificate for display of the ERP distinction at VCSU
- up to three complimentary career postings (graduate assistantships, internships, faculty positions, etc.) on the NSCA.com Career Resources page for the three-year recognition period
The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is the world-leading membership organization for thousands of elite strength coaches, personal trainers and dedicated researchers and educators.
The strength and conditioning concentration in the Exercise Science and Sport Management program at VCSU is one of several majors available in the Department of Kinesiology and Human Performance. The department will move to its new home in the Gauker Family Wellness, Health and Physical Education Center this fall.