Apr 5th, 2006 @ 9:29 am | Author: Vikings Sports News
A pair of Vikings first basemen have been named the DAC Players of the Week.
Vikings baseball first baseman Reid Arnold, and Vikings softball first baseman Kelli Unrein received DAC honors for their performances over the last week.
Arnold, a sophomore from Fargo, was 11 of 19 for a .579 average as the Vikings went 3-2 during the week. For the week, he had one home run, six RBIs, three runs scored, one stolen base, two doubles and three walks.
Unrein, a junior from Baker, Mont., Unrein went 14 of 26 at the plate for a .538 batting average in helping the Vikings to a 7-1 record for the week. In eight games she had five home runs, 12 RBI, five runs scored and one walk.
The Vikings softball team also moved up to sixth place in the NAIA Region III poll.
The following is the 2006 NAIA Region III softball rating for the week of April 3rd. Region III consists of teams from the Dakota Athletic Conference (DAC), Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC), and Northland College, WI (Independent).
1) Dickinson State University, ND, (16-2) (DAC)
2) Dana College, NE, (17-4) (GPAC)
3) Morningside College, IA, (17-5) (GPAC)
4) Northwestern College, IA, (18-6) (GPAC)
5) Jamestown College, ND, (12-6) (DAC)
6) Valley City State University, ND, (11-2) (DAC)
7) Midland Lutheran College, NE, (13-11) (GPAC)
8) Minot State University, ND, (9-7) (DAC)
9) Dakota State University, SD, (15-7) (DAC)
10) Concordia University, NE, (7-11) (GPAC)