What is Riverwatch?
Riverwatch is a program where high school students and their teachers monitor water quality of a river in their area. Each school involved is given a YSI Sonde, a turbidimeter, a Secchi tube, safety vests, and a sampling bottle to use as well as the necessary calibration solutions. Each group uses these tools to monitor dissolved oxygen, temperature, conductivity, pH, and turbidity of the river. Twice each school year, once in the fall and once in the spring, all of the schools are brought together for a workshop where they report on their findings and are provided information on some topic pertaining to water and water quality.
- Contact us for more information on how you can get your class involved in River Watch.
Schools Participating in Riverwatch
- May-Port CG High School--Goose River
- Berthold High School--Del Lacs River
- West Fargo High School--Sheyenne River
- Kensal High School--James River
- Hatton High School--Goose River
- Montpelier High School--James River
- Linton-Hazelton High School--Beaver Creek
- Wahpeton High School--Red River
- Stanley High School--Knife River
We have added a database to enter your school's records. You can use the database for making graphs with your data and to compare your data with data collected by other schools. Just follow the link below.