Upcoming Events for Fall 2014*
- Kindle Fire drawing at 5pm on Friday, August 22nd! To be eligible for the drawing, you must complete the First-Year Check-In Activity.
- Welcome Weekend Sessions (August 23rd/24th) featuring the book will take place in Froemke Auditorium and the Library, from 12:30pm-2:30pm.
- Watch out for the Quiet Trivia questions every Tuesday and Thursday! Questions will be posted on the Common Reading Program's Facebook Page. To participate, simply comment on the posted question with your answer. The VCSU Student who leaves the first correct comment will receive either a gift card to the VCSU bookstore, or a drink voucher from Viking Grounds. All correct comments received within 24-hours of the post will be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire!
All VCSU students are welcome to participate. Don't miss out on the opportunity to snag a great prize and have a little fun! Trivia begins Tuesday, August 26th!
- Running/Jogging with Sarah Milner (Monday, September 8th, 11-noon, Graichen Gym): Professor Sarah Milner will discuss the benefits of walking and jogging as part of an active and healthy lifestyle. This is a VCSYou event.
- Bird Watching with Bob Anderson (Thursday, September 18th, 9-11am, Rhoades 209): Professor Bob Anderson will discuss the joys and practice of birding. The event will meet in Rhoades 209 for an introductory talk, then will move out into the put those budding birding skills to practice. This is a VCSYou event.
- Film Screening of the Station Agent (Monday, September 22nd, 7:30pm-9:30pm, Froemke Auditorium): This film explores both the meaning of loss, as well as the beautiful interactions between introverts and extroverts. Starring Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, Bobby Cannavale. This is a VCSYou event.
- Mindfulness Meditation with Ronnie Arensberg (Tuesday, September 30th, 8:15-9:15am & 9:30am-10:30am, Student Center): This is a VCSYou event.
- Quiet Trivia Drawing for a Kindle Fire during Homecoming Address (Thursday, October 2nd, 11am-noon, Froemke Auditorium)
- Yoga & Meditation (Tuesday, October 7th, 9am-10am, Skoal Room, Student Center) - Maximum of 15 participants
- Yoga & Meditation (Wednesday, October 8th, 2pm-3pm, Location TBD) - Maximum of 15 participants
- Photography with Alice Beauchman (Monday, October 13th, 3-4pm, Rhoades 202)
- Personality & Careers Panel (Tuesday, October 14th, 7pm, Froemke Auditorium)
- Paint and Canvas Night (Wednesday, October 15th, Student Center)
- Ceramics with Armando Ramos (Tuesday, October 21st, 9:30-11:30am, Ceramics Building)
- Digital Scrapbooking with Sue Pfeifer (Tuesday, October 28th, 2-3pm, McFarland 311)
- Drawing with Karri Dieken (Thursday, October 30th, 1pm-2pm, McCarthy Drawing Studio)
- Quiet on Campus Panel (Wednesday, November 5th, 7-9pm, Froemke Auditorium)
- Common Reading Scholarship Contest submission deadline. (Wednesday, November 19th): Winners in each category will receive a $500 scholarship for Spring 2015.
*Note: Event locations/times are subject to change.