Transcript Request Delays
Due to COVID-19, transcript requests for mail and FedEx delivery will be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Electronic delivery options will be processed each business day. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or leave a voice message at 701-845-7295.
Official Transcript Requests
Valley City State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official transcript ordering online. This service will allow you to order official transcripts securely via the web anytime. In addition to the automated ordering service, you will also be able to track your order status, receive timely email notices regarding your transcript request, as well as, review your order status history.
- You must have a major credit/debit card and a valid email address to request an official transcript through this online service.
- Current and former students with an NDUS account may access this online service through Campus Connection (Academic Records > Official Transcript Request).
- Official transcripts may also be ordered directly from National Student Clearinghouse from their secured site getmytranscript.com.
General Ordering Information
- Current and former students may view and print an unofficial transcript free of charge through Campus Connection (Self Service > Academic Records > View Unofficial Transcript). Note: Unofficial transcripts are only available for students who were enrolled at VCSU Fall 2003 or later.
- Transcript requests for academic coursework completed at other institutions must be directed to the respective institutions.
- Faxed transcripts are not considered official. Verify the type of transcript needed before requesting a copy to be faxed.
- An official transcript will not be issued if a financial hold is placed on a student account.
Transcript and Delivery Details
- When you select College or University, you will enter the school information then continue to select the Processing Details and Delivery Information.
- When you select Education Organization, Application Service and Scholarships, you will select the organization then continue to select the Processing Details. These transcripts will be delivered electronically. Frequently selected Organizations include: NAIA Eligibility Center, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, and North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
- When you select Employer or Other, you will enter the school information then continue to select the Processing Details and Delivery Information
- When you select Myself, you will click continue then to select the Processing Details and Delivery Information. Transcripts mailed directly to students are provided in a sealed envelope, stamped "Issued to Student" in RED ink, and considered official only if the envelope is unopened.
* You can upload up to 2 additional documents to be sent with your transcript. You will be presented with the option while placing your order.
Transcripts Between North Dakota Public Colleges and Universities
If you need your VCSU transcript for admission at a North Dakota University System (NDUS) public college or university, you do not need to submit an official transcript request. The NDUS campus to which you are applying will be able retrieve your VCSU academic transcript at no charge to you. NDUS campuses include: Bismarck State College, Dakota College at Bottineau, Dickinson State University, Lake Region State College, Mayville State University, Minot State University, North Dakota State College of Science, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota, and Williston State College.
- For transcripts to be send now, select Current Transcript as the processing option. Current transcript request will be issued in approximately 1 business day.
- For transcripts to include recently earned degree, select After Degree Is Awarded as the processing option. After degree transcripts are finalized approximately 15 business days after the last day of finals.
- For transcripts to include the current term grades, select After Grades Are posted as the processing option. End of semester grades are finalized approximately 5 business days after the last day of finals.
Regular First Class Mail - $5.25/transcript
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be mailed within 1 business day. Please allow additional 5-7 business days for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
Unofficial Fax/Official Mail Combo - $5.25/transcript $10 Surcharge per order
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be faxed and a hard copy will be mailed within 1 business day. Please allow additional 5-7 business days for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
Electronic Transcript Exchange or Electronic PDF - $5.25/transcript
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be uploaded to school, organization or email address within 1 business day.
Hold for Pick Up - $5.25/transcript
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be available for pick-up within 1 business day. You will receive an email notification when your transcript is ready for pick-up. Photo ID is required for pickup.
Hold for Pick Up (Same Day) - $5.25/transcript $10 Surcharge per order
If your order is received in our office by 1:00PM, your transcript will be available for pickup after 2:00PM. Photo ID is required for pickup.
FedEx/International - $5.25/transcript $40 Surcharge per order
Transcript will be mailed to recipient via FedEx within 1 business day after the order is received in the Registrar's Office for receipt within 2 business days.
FedEx/United States - $5.25/transcript $25 Surcharge per order
THIS OPTION IS APPLICABLE FOR US AND CANADA DELIVERY. Transcript will be mailed to recipient via FedEx within 1 business day after the order is received in the Registrar's Office for receipt within 2 business days
If you do not have a major credit/debit card and valid email address, please print the Transcript Request Form.
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1-800-532-8641 ext. 37295
Valley City State University
101 College Street SW
Valley City, ND 58072