A collaborative student is one who is earning an undergraduate degree from Valley City State University (VCSU) and enrolls at another North Dakota University System (NDUS) institution for specific term.
- Valley City State University, where you are earning your degree, is your HOME institution.
- The institution where you are taking additional courses, but not earning a degree, is your PROVIDER institution.
To register as a collaborative student, the student must:
- Be admitted to VCSU as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Be enrolled in at least one undergraduate degree credit at VCSU for the term.
- Be in good academic and financial standing.
- Resolve any negative service indicators preventing enrollment.
- Meet all prerequisites or corequisites set by the provider institution.
- Be approved to take an overload for the term, which is more than 19 total credits (fall and spring) and 9 concurrent credits (summer), if needed.
- Recognize graduate level and correspondence courses are not eligible.
As part of your collaborative registration, VCSU will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider institutions will be combined with credits at VCSU for financial aid purposes.
- Tuition owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at VCSU.
- Bookstore charges will be added to your account at VCSU.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will transferred to VCSU.
If you have questions about this agreement or registration, please contact the Leslie Kalmbach, VCSU Collaborative Contact, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-845-7294, or McFarland 219.
Click on the Collaborative Registration button below to acknowledge the Collaborative Student Agreement and complete the Collaborative Student Registration request form.
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1-800-532-8641 ext. 37295
Valley City State University
101 College Street SW
Valley City, ND 58072