Collaborative Student Registration
Summer 2017 collaborative registration ends on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
Fall 2017 collaborative registration ends on Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
A collaborative student is one who is currently enrolled at more than one North Dakota University System (NDUS) institution for a particular term. The institution from which the student is earning an undergraduate degree is considered the "home institution". The institution that supplies undergraduate courses is considered the "provider institution". Valley City State University, which is where you are receiving your undergraduate degree from, is your home institution. The institution where you are taking an undergraduate course, but not receiving your degree from, is your provider institution.
Please consider your collaborative registration very carefully. It may not be in your best interest to register as a collaborative student if you are not planning on using these credits for financial aid at Valley City State University.
To use this page to register, your Home institution must be Valley City State University. Therefore, you must be a fully admitted student and be receiving your undergraduate degree from Valley City State University. To qualify as a collaborative student, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have been admitted to Valley City State University as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- You cannot have any negative service indicators preventing enrollment.
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at Valley City State University for the term.
- You cannot exceed 19 semester hours total for the term without appropriate approval.
- You must meet all prerequisites as set by the provider institution.
- Graduate level and correspondence courses are not eligible for a collaborative registration.
Once you have been registered at the provider institution, a hold will be placed on your account preventing you from making any changes. To make changes to your schedule, you must email the Collaborative Coordinator at Valley City State University. All drop and refund deadlines at Valley City State University will apply to this course.
Valley City State University
As part of your collaborative registration, Valley City State University will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider institutions will be combined with credits at Valley City State University for financial aid purposes.
- Tuition owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at Valley City State University.
- Bookstore charges will be added to your account at Valley City State University.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will be transferred to Valley City State University.
Once you have submitted the request form below, it is emailed the Registrar's Office at Valley City State University. They will check to make sure that you are eligible to take these courses collaboratively. They will then send your request to the provider institution. The provider institution will register you in CampusConnection and email you a copy of your schedule. You will receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks after the registration has been submitted. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation email. Due to the turnaround time for collaborative registrations, we strongly encourage you to submit your registration before the first day of classes.
To view course offerings across the NDUS, use the Class Search - All Campuses option in CampusConnection. If you have questions about the collaborative process, contact the Collaborative Contact listed above.