HELP US PROTECT YOU AND CAMPUS!
Valley City State University strives to offer a safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
There are employees working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
During the night and evening hours, there is a night watchman (for building security), Power House employees and evening custodians, all on campus, who can assist with any incidents that may occur outside the normal work day. You can contact the Power House at 701-845-7708, at any time, for assistance.
The Valley City Police Department canvasses the campus numerous times during the day and night. If there is an emergency, dial 9-911. VCSU's phone system has the capability to allow the police department to see what the phone number, building, and room where 911 was dialed. Typically, the Valley City Police Department's response time to the campus is around five minutes or less.
- Watch for suspicious persons in and around campus buildings and in parking lots. Do not pursue them. Call the Valley City Police Department at 911.
- Door-to-door soliciting is not permitted in campus residence facilities. Violations of this rule should be reported to your hall supervisor immediately.
- Report all thefts and property losses immediately to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Be security conscious at all times.
- If you see any suspicious activity or people on or near the campus, call or contact any campus administrator. Do not assume that what you observe is an innocent activity or that it has already been reported.
- Do not assume the person is a visitor or campus staff member that you have not seen before.
Suspicious People May Be:
- Loitering about at unusual hours and locations: running, especially if something of value is being carried.
- Exhibiting unusual mental or physical symptoms. Person(s) could be under the influence of drugs, or otherwise needing medical or psychiatric assistance.
- Carrying property that might be suspicious, depending on the circumstances, going from room to room trying door handles.
Call the VCSU Power House 845-7708 or the Police Department at 911 (9-911) for help!