If a serious injury or illness occurs on campus call 911 (9-911). Give your name, describe the nature and severity of the medical problem, and give the Campus location of the incident. Stay with the person until assistance arrives. ALL incidents and accidents should be reported to the Safety Office as soon as possible (within 24 hours), using the Incident Report (SFN 50508) or Accident Report (SFN 51301) Forms.
If someone is suffering from a medical condition, you should contact 9-911. Follow these instructions:
- Stay calm, do not panic
- Do not move the person unless absolutely necessary
- Unless person is having a seizure, move them to the ground
- Clear the area- move everything 5 feet away from the person
- Never give the person medication
- Wait for a nurse or medical personnel, unless the school has a written directive on file
- Stay with the person until medical personnel arrive and assist if directed
After contacting the fire department and/or law enforcement for an emergency and if time permits, contact the Safety Office at 701-845-7710 during the day, or Facilities Services Power House at 701-845-7708 after hours. If the incident involves a student, also contact the VP Student Affairs at 701-845-7300.