Swimming Pool General Information
Take advantage of the indoor pool facility in the Valley City area! The VCSU Swimming Pool is an American Red Cross Affiliate. There are numerous open swimming sessions and classes for interested parties at the Student Center pool this year. The following will service to provide general information about the pool and its swimming program.
University classes are offered for credit through the VCSU Physical Education Department and through the Community Education Program. A large variety of Student Center swimming classes are offered through the Student Center. These classes will range from beginning swimming classes to Red Cross Water Safety Instruction classes. The Student Center classes are open to non-university as well as university students. The open swims are open to the university and community. During the open swims those under seven years old must accompanied by a guardian who is at least twelve years old.
Rental groups are also encouraged to use the Student Center pool facility. Qualified guards are provided at all times. For specific information about pool rentals, contact the Information Desk. (845-7122).
VCSU Pool Schedule
Monday - Thursday 7:30pm - 10:00pm Open Swim*
Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 12:50pm Lap Swim*
Tuesday & Thursday 6:30pm - 7:30pm Lap Swim
Saturday & Sunday 1:00pm - 2:00pm Lap Swim and 2:00pm - 4:00pm Open Swim*
* Note: The VCSU Swimming Pool reserves the right to close early at these times if no one has shown up for swimming within 20 minutes of after opening.
Classes to be offered during the 2013-2014 academic year include the following: American Red Cross Parent & Child Aquatics, "Learn to Swim Program" Levels 1-6, Lifeguard Training, WSI, and Aquacise. For a detailed up-to-date swimming schedule, stop by the Information Desk for a brochure.
- VCSU Full-time Students - free with a university ID
- VCSU Staff, faculty, and their families - free with a VCSU ID
- Community Semester Passes:
- $37.00 per semester for single person pass
- $47.00 per semester for family pass
- Persons without university ID or a pass - $2.50 each per swim
- Rental Groups - $50.00 per hour and $40.00 for each hour after the first hour. For each additional guard $8.00.
- Any rental group over 35 will be charged on a per person basis at a rate of $2.