All NDUS full-time students who attend at least one course face-to-face on campus are eligible to enroll in this student health insurance plan. International students (with the exception of Canadian and Norwegian students) are required to have this health insurance plan per State Board of Higher Education Policy.
Insurance Terms and Costs
Students may enroll for the following term options:
1) Annual year (August 16, 2016 through August 15, 2017)
2) Fall semester (August 16, 2016 through December 31, 2016)
3) Spring and summer semesters (January 1, 2017 through August 15, 2017)
The premiums for each enrollment term are as follows:
1) Annual year - $2,496
2) Fall semester - $944
3) Spring and summer semesters - $1,552
The enrollment period for Fall Semester or Annual Year options is currently open and ends on September 15, 2016. The enrollment period for Spring and Summer semesters will end on January 31, 2017.
Follow these steps to enroll:
- Go to: https://www.uhcsr.com/;
- Type in Valley City State University and hit search;
- Select your school from the list;
- On the next screen, follow the directions on the right to enroll.
Health Insurance Card
Once your ID card is available, about 48 hours after enrollment, you will receive an email from UHC. This notification will include directions on how to access your card through your UHC "MyAccount". You will be able to view your card electronically, print a copy, use the mobile site to access your card, or request a permanent ID card to be mailed to you.
Intercollegiate Sports Injury Coverage
Please note that there is a separate policy number for intercollegiate sports coverage- automatically included in the student health insurance plan. This benefit includes coverage up to $25,000 per insurance period (August 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016) and a $25 copay for physician visits.