Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST)
- Candidate will submit Praxis I test scores or a confirmation number of registration for the Praxis I tests to Education 250 instruction prior to end of course.
- Successful completion of the PPST is required for Admission to Teacher Education.
- State and VCSU PPST Standards:
- Students must meet qualifying scores on two of three tests and have a composite score of 516.
- Reading (173)
- Mathematics (170)
- Writing (173)
Praxis II Tests
- Candidate will submit Praxis II test scores or a confirmation number of registration for the Praxis II tests (content and PLT) to the Education Office by January 20 for Spring Student Teachers or September 1 for Fall Student Teachers.
- Completion of the Praxis II and PLT are required for graduation. It is recommended to take the Praxis II and PLT, the semester prior to student teaching.
- Elementary Education Majors
- Elementary Education: Curriculum, Planning, Assessment (0011) or (5011)
- PLT: Grades K-6 (0622) or (5622)
- Secondary Education Majors
- Core Academic Subject Area
- PLT: Grade 7-12 (0624) or (5624)
- Qualifying Secondary Core Academic Subject Area test cut scores are available online at ND Praxis Requirements.
- Beginning July 1, 2010, all secondary majors will need to meet the qualifying score for the PLT for initial licensure.
- K-12 majors have the option of completing either the elementary or secondary PLT.
Register for Praxis Tests
- Register for a test
- Locate a test center
- View state requirements
- View test results
Test preparation materials and support is available through the VCSU Learning Center.
For more information, contact:
Jodi Shorma, Learning Center Director
Phone On-Campus: 3-7231
Phone Off-Campus: 701-845-7231