When an individual hears the word fraternity they ask themselves a common question. Why?
A fraternity has several incentives to offer throughout your college career. Leadership is a major part of the fraternity and will keep you involved in and throughout campus life. EBC is a great way to get involved at VCSU and is looking forward to expanding and planning future events.
Lifetime friendships are another reason to join. EBC is an easy way to make new friends in a new place during those first couple weeks of college. Having someone to do something with is a plus whether it's pulling all nighters, studying for finals, or just movie nights because you're bored. You'll get to experience deep and lasting friendships, which we refer to as brotherhood. We are your Family away from home.
Giving back to the community is another EBC favorite past time. The organization tries to give back to the community as much as possible. The Hit Parade went on for over 50 years and made a sizable sum of money in which over half went to the community.
Another viable reason to join is to network. There is a philosophy floating around that states, "It's not what you know, but who you know." EBCs are spread throughout the country and are willing to help a brother in need.
EBC is a great organization to be involved in during your college experience.
How to Join
- Over 85% of student leaders on 730 campuses are members of Greek organizations.
- Of the nation's 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greeks.
- Since 1910, 85% of the Supreme Court Justices have been Greek.
- All but two Presidents since 1825 have been Greek.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 key executives are Greek.
- 76% of Who's Who in America are Greek.
- 76% of U.S. Senators are Greek.
- 70% of the U.S. Presidents' Cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek.
- Nationally, 71% of all Greeks graduate, while only 50% of non-Greeks graduate.
- Nationally, Greek organizations are the largest and most visible value-based student organizations.
- Hazing is against National Greek Headquarters Policies.
There are numerous misconceptions associated with Fraternities. It is believed that members of a Fraternity...
- have poor academic performance and have been inhibited because of their Fraternity membership.
- go through extreme forms of hazing. (Disclaimer: Hazing in any form is against EBC, VCSU, and National Greek Headquarters Policies.)
- join to party and fool around.
- support unethical and illegal actions and substances.
The Real Story
As with any widespread organization there are a few "bad apples" who get the attention and focus of others. A single Fraternity may act unlawfully but are not representations of every Fraternity. Many Fraternities were founded on academics and giving back to others and still support this today.
As EBCs we support this and have members on the Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society. We are involved in all facets of campus life and aid the community as well. We believe in relaxing and enjoying ourselves but only once the day's labor is complete - be it school, job, or philanthropy.