History of Pi Omega Pi
Pi Omega Pi was born on June 13, 1923 at Northeast Missouri State Teachers College. Thirteen students and two faculty had a dream to create a society for the advancement and the recognition outstanding business educators. The result was Pi Omega Pi. The group adopted the Greek god of commerce, Hermes and created an initiation ritual.
The Alpha Chapter govern the organization for five years until a fifth chapter was formed. After the State University of Iowa created it own Pi Omega Pi chapter, the fraternity was on step closer to becoming a national organization.
Pi Omega Pi continued to grow and in 1995 the fraternity had over 50,000 members and 154 chapters. The greatest concentration of members is in the Midwest.
The organization publishes a newsletter, Here and There
, that is distributed to all active members.
Information taken from the National Chapter.