Viper is a free plagiarism checking tool that checks your text for plagiarism and duplicates content by cross-referencing your text with thousands of essays, journals, and other sources from the internet
Logging/Registering into Viper
- Click https://www.scanmyessay.com to access Viper.
- If you do not have an account, click “Register” and continue to step 3. If you already have an account, click “Sign In”, fill in your username and password, and then skip to step 1 in “Uploading Documents for Plagiarism”.
- Fill in all information and click the “Terms and Conditions” box to register.
- Log in to the email that you provided in the registration, find the email referring to the registration and click “Complete your Registration” in the email.
From the new tab that opens, follow the tutorial that the website gives to understand the tools provided. Once this is done, the upload page should be shown.
Uploading Documents into Viper
- In Viper”, click the “Upload” button on the top center of the site.
- Search for the document that you want to upload.
- Select the category/subject it is referred to.
- Click the pink “Upload” button.
- Click “Free scan”.
- Click “Continue free scan” (max 2 uploads per day with max 5000 words each).
- Once done scanning, click “View document”.
- On the right side, Viper will point out text that is plagiarized and from where text is found.
- Click on highlighted text to be taken to the site it is possibly plagiarized from.
- On the left side, Viper provides a listing of your scanned documents
- If you want to download the report, click the pink “Download” button at the top right.
Viking Learning Commons Info
McFarland Hall 320