Microsoft Stream provides a service to view and share videos within an organization. Stream allows you to upload videos, find content videos from other students and teachers, and share videos within the North Dakota University System. The following instructions will explain how these features work.
Upload a Video
Microsoft Stream allows you to upload your own video to the website to be viewed by whomever you decide to share. The following steps will help you upload a video in Stream.
- Click the “Create” tab and click “Upload.”
- Click “select file.”
- Select the video you want to upload.
- Select a language from the drop-down bar or scroll down the webpage to select no thanks at the bottom.
- Give the video its details and sharing permissions.
- Click “Publish now” to finish uploading.
The following video will provide more information on uploading a video.
Find Content and Videos
Microsoft Stream allows you to search and find videos that are available for you to view. The main page will show you the videos most viewed. The following steps will help you find content and videos in Stream.
- Use the search bar to find a specific video.
- Use the channel, people, and groups tabs, or the sort options to narrow the search results.
The following video will provide more information on finding content and videos.
Microsoft Stream allows you to “share” videos with others. “Share” allows other people to view that video. The following steps will help you share videos from Stream.
Once you find a video that you want someone else to see, click the “share” button above the video when viewing the video.
- Share the video by copying the direct link of the video.
- Click the “email” tab to email the video.
- Copy the code from the “code” tab to embed the video into a webpage.
A shared video will only be visible to people who have the sharing permissions needed to see the video.
The following video will provide more information on sharing videos.
Learning Center Info
Room 005 in the lower level of Vangstad Hall.