The Calendar app provides you with different tools to help organize the many things that occur throughout your day. Calendar helps you better organize your busy life schedules in a simple, effective manner. The main features of Calendar include creating events and reminders and sharing your calendars. The following guidelines describe the steps to properly use the Microsoft Calendar App.
Creating Events and Reminders
When you need to see your schedule in front of you, Calendar provides tools to create events and reminders. With Calendar, you can add meetings, work and class schedules, local events, and more. The following steps will guide you to creating events and reminders in Microsoft Calendar.
- Click “New.”
- Decide if you would like to make a Calendar event, Email message, or Birthday event and then select that particular event.
- Click “Calendar event” and add information to detail your event -- Title, Location, Date, Time, Repetitions, Adding People, Reminders, and Comments.
- Click “Birthday event” to create reminders for birthdays.
- Click “Email message” to send an email while in the Calendar app.
- After you create your event or reminder, select Save (if you would like to save the event) in the top left.
Figure 1 provides a view of the “New” drop down menu.
Figure 2 provides a view of the event details completed with example information.
Sharing Your Calendar
Often times, you may need to share your calendar with others. Follow these steps in order to share your calendar.
- Click “Share.”
- If you have multiple calendars, select the calendar to share from the drop-down box.
- Enter the email address of the person to receive your calendar and then click “Share.”
Click to access a Microsoft Office Support video
for more information about sharing your calendar.
Learning Center Info
Room 005 in the lower level of Vangstad Hall.