Creating a Site
Create a Site allows you to get started on creating your SharePoint site.
- From the Sharepoint home page, click “Create Site.”
- Click “Team Site” to share documents, keep track of events, and manage tasks.
- Add a Site name and a Site description.
- Click “Finish.”
Note: An https link is provided above Site description. This http link accesses your Sharepoint Team site. If the word “Availability” does not appear below your http link, rename your site until “Availability” appears.
Your Sharepoint site has three locations for entering information or files and folders: News, Activity, and Documents. See Figure 1.
Sharepoint allows you to enter the names of users who can access your SharePoint site. Users can view anything you post and share, and you will be able to view anything your users post and share.
- From the Sharepoint home page, click the Sharepoint site you want to access under “Following” in the left menu.
- Click “Site contents” in the left menu.
- In the upper horizontal menu, click “Site settings.”
- Under Users and Permissions, click “People and groups.”
- In the left menu, select the group where you want to add users.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “New” and then select “Add users.”
- Enter names to add users. After you start entering a name, names of VCSU contacts will populate in a drop down menu. You can click a name to enter it.
- Enter a personal message, if desired, and then click “Share.”
Creating, Uploading, and Sharing
Create a File
- From your site’s home page, click “New” under Documents on the right side of your screen.
- Click the file type.
- Create new file and then add your text and images. Your new file is saved to your document library.
Upload a File
- From your site’s home page, click “Upload” under Documents on the right side of your screen. A menu with your computer files will open.
- Click the file you want to upload. The file will appear under Documents.
Share a File – Option 1
- From your site’s Documents page, click the file name (two-finger click for MAC and right click for PC) to access the options menu.
- Click Share.
- Enter a name or email address for whom to share your document.
- Enter a personal message, if desired, and then click “Send.” An email message with a link to your shared document will be sent.
Share a File – Option 2
- From your site’s Documents page, click the 3 vertical dots icon to access the options menu.
- Click “Copy link.” A link highlighted in blue will appear.
- Click “Copy.”
- Paste the link into a document or an email message.
Learning Center Info
Room 005 in the lower level of Vangstad Hall.