W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Valley City State University Non-Employee Travel Voucher will be used when reimbursing non-employees for travel expenditures such as meals, mileage and lodging. If the non-employee is receiving an honorarium payment or a stipend in addition to the travel reimbursement it can be included on the Non-Employee Travel Voucher. Submit the Non-Employee Travel Voucher, along with the Verification of Services Form (if an honorarium or stipend payment is included) and a W-9 or W-8BEN to process payment. This form does not require the need for a Request for Payment form.

If you are paying an individual a stipend or honorarium payment only, you will continue to use the Verification of Services Form along with the Request for Payment.

Note: A W-9 or W-8BEN is required to setup vendors in the Finance system. If the individual you are paying has not been paid by VCSU or does not have a W-9 or W-8BEN on file, it will be required to process payment.

Office Information

Office Location
McFarland 215

Office Hours
Academic Year
Window: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Office: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Window: 7:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Office: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Email Address

Phone Numbers
Toll Free: 800.532.8641, ext. 7232

Fax Number

Mailing Address
Business Office
Valley City State University
101 College Street SW
Valley City, ND 58072