Valley City State University has designated September 24, 2015 as a Day of Service. VCSU students and faculty will be serving in the greater Valley City area as a way to thank the community for their support over the past 125 years.
In addition to the annual Squash Harvest by freshman students in the Learning to Live, Living to Learn program, the following service opportunities are available:
1. Painting fire hydrants for the City of Valley City
2. Delivering meals for the senior center
3. Making cards for Abused Person Outreach Center
4. Making cards for hospital patients and staff
5. Working with Valley City Beautification Committee on various projects around town
6. Doing yard clean-up for senior citizens: mowing, raking, tree trimming, etc.
7. Assisting with United Way door-to-door campaign (Sept. 21)
8. Helping with Sheyenne Valley Shuffle 5K Run/Walk Event (Sept. 26)
Please contact Dr. Heather Kvilvang at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question or to register for the day of service.