Dakota College at Bottineau and Valley City State University have created a unique partnership program, known as the Bridges Program. Students are encouraged to apply to the Bridges Program when they do not meet the admission requirements to be admitted into Valley City State University. Students become DCB students located on the VCSU campus! The program is in its third year and has been gaining popularity.
VCSU Campus Life for Bridges Students
Bridges students can fully participate in VCSU's student life including:
- Living in one of VCSU's residence halls (including two modern resident halls with suites, air conditioning and private bathrooms).
- Enjoying VCSU's dinning services.
- Attending VCSU Campus Activities.
- Participate in one of VCSU's many clubs, intramurals, and organizations
- (excluding varsity athletics).
- New Lenovo laptop computers. That's the eighth generation of laptops in fifteen years!
Who Qualifies for the Bridges Program?
If you are a high school graduate, or will be graduating from high school before entering the Bridges Program you are eligible. GED results are also accepted. This program is designed for students who do not meet VCSU's core requirements set by the NDUS policy. The requirements are:
- The 2014 admission standards for all North Dakota University System (NDUS) institutions, including Valley City State University, are under review by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education, based on the Pathways to student Success plan. Future admission decisions may be based on an indexed admission score calculated using a formula found online by clicking here.
- At present (August 2013), applicants who do not meet the following admission requirements to a four-year institution qualify for the Bridges Program.
- •4 units of English
- •3 units of mathematics (algebra I or higher)
- •3 units of lab science
- •3 units of social science
- The 2014 admission standards for all NDUS institutions are under review by the State Board of Higher Education.
Transfer students who have less then 24 transferrable credits and do not meet VCSU's core requirements are also eligible for the Bridges Program.
Transitioning to VCSU
In the past, students who did not meet the admission qualifications to attend VCSU would have to enroll at a two year school. Once they have completed the requirements for VCSU, they would apply to VCSU and transfer. Transferring to a school as a sophomore is not always fun and can be intimidating to some students. With the Bridges program, that is not the case.
Bridges students begin their college career right here at VCSU, which prevents them from feeling the uneasiness and unfamiliarity of transferring to a new school. They already know the VCSU campus, teachers, students, and offices.
Transferring from the Bridges program to VCSU is easy! After completing 24 transferrable credits (above 100 level) with a GPA of 2.0 or better, students can transfer easily to VCSU brining your credits along with you!
The Application Process
Applying to the Bridges Program is easy.
If you have previously applied to VCSU, students can fill out the Bridges Program Release Form. This form allows VCSU to forward your application file to DCB.
If you have not filled out an application for VCSU you will apply directly to Dakota College by clicking here here
, and completing the online application.
All applicants must pay the $35.00 application fee to Dakota College.
Complete your FAFSA through Dakota College.
DCB's school code is
If you have questions about Financial Aid visit DCB's website by clicking here here
Contact your high school and/or college and request your final transcript(s) to be mailed to:
Dakota College Student Services
105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau ND 58318
Fill out the VCSU Housing Application VCSU Housing Application
and $50 deposit.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Bridges Program at 701.845.7490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org