“Accreditation” is review of the quality of higher education institutions and programs. In the United States, accreditation is a major way that students, families, government officials, and the press know that an institution or program provides a quality education.
—Council for Higher Education Accreditation
Valley City State University is accredited by the following accrediting bodies:
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL-CAEP)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
For more information on VCSU’s accreditation, please review our catalog.
Valley City State University is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA).