Chosen for over 20 years in a row as one of the top public regional colleges in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report, Valley City State University welcomes students from around the world to our friendly, technology-enriched campus of just over 1,500 students.
VCSU offers countless advantages to students wanting to study in the United States, including: 13:1 student to faculty ratio; over 80 academic majors; a university-issued laptop computer; a variety of student organizations, and much more. Make VCSU your home away from home — we’d love to have you!
Application for Admission
The following items and required documentation must be on file with the Enrollment Services office before an I-20 will be generated:
- Undergraduate Application for Admission
- $35 (USD) non-refundable application fee
- Academic records need to be submitted to an evaluation center to determine U.S. educational equivalency. We recommend
- World Education Services (WES) or InCred. Other approved evaluators may be located on the NDUS website.
- Official TOEFL Score (minimum scores: 68 iBT; 523-paper) if English is not the native language
- Proof of finances available to meet all educational and living expenses while you attend the University
- The VCSU International Student Financial Certification Statement must be completed in full and have additional supporting documentation from the financial institution associated with the funds. Documentation must be original.
- Verification of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and Meningitis Immunization(16 years or older)
- Copy of passport
- $100 (USD) tuition deposit
- I-20 Express mailing fee (cost varies based on destination).
If you are an international transfer student who has completed credits from an institution of higher learning outside the United States, we need to evaluate your coursework to see which credits will transfer to VCSU.
We recommend using Worldwide Education Services (WES) to have the course descriptions interpreted. Course evaluations may also be performed by the Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA), or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).
The Registrar’s Office will then receive this information for evaluation. In place of using WES, Canadian students must have an official transcript sent to VCSU directly from the University attended.
For a complete guide to regulations set forth by the United States Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), which provide tips and requirements for entry and maintenance of the student visa status, please visit the SEVP website.
Valley City State University works with the Valley City South Central Transit Service to offer both bus and taxi service to and from Hector International Airport, Fargo, ND. International students who are flying to or from school can request taxi service at any time of the day or night. The taxi service is available for about $65.00. The fee can be shared by multiple riders.
International students must advise Enrollment Services one week prior to their travel and we will be happy to arrange your transportation. However, students are responsible to pay the taxi service upon pickup.
In addition to the taxi service, a small bus or van makes a trip to Fargo every weekday. Anyone can ride on the bus for a charge of $10.00. The bus leaves Valley City between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, and returns mid to late afternoon. The schedule for this transportation depends on the number of riders and the type of trips made within Fargo. The bus will drop-off and pick-up passengers anywhere in Fargo, including the airport.
Bus reservations can be made by calling 1-701-840-4300. Transportation needed between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. can be reserved by calling 1-701-840-1406 or calling Rod Grafing at 1-701-840-1405.
Notify Enrollment Services immediately if there are any changes in your flight information.