Transition to Teaching Requirements
Your career path can take many twists and turns–and yours just might lead to teaching. Transition to Teaching is a program designed for new, non-traditional teachers who need an alternative approach to certification.
For more information please visit our Transition to Teaching page.
Criteria for Participants
Individuals who have been granted an Alternative License or a CTE Alternative License are able to participate in this program. Candidates for the first year of the program must:
- Be under contract to a local school district
- Possess an Alternative License or a CTE Alternative License issued by the Educational Standards and Practices Board or a two-year provisional credential through the Department of Career and Technical Education.
Please follow our Guidelines for Admission and fill out the appropriate application.
Guidelines For Admission
If you are a new student to Valley City State University, please complete the appropriate application:
- Apply as a Non-Degree Student if you plan to enroll only in the Transition to Teaching courses.
- Apply as a Transfer Student if you plan to earn a Bachelor of Science in Education degree from VCSU.
- Submit a one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee. This fee is payable by phone, by mail, or online.