Valley City State University is the perfect place to continue your education and pave the way for a bright future. We welcome applications from all students who believe they can succeed at the university level.
Guidelines For Admission
Valley City State University applicants must meet the following high school guidelines:
- Core Classes
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of mathematics (algebra I or higher)
- 3 units of lab science
- 3 units of social science
- 2.0 minimum GPA (based on 4.0 scale)
- 18 ACT (Composite) or 940 SAT Composite score
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the NDUS Board has temporarily suspended the ACT/SAT requirement for admission per policy 402.1.1 for students enrolling through the summer 2022 term
Next, submit your application and supplemental materials to VCSU.
Your final application will include:
- The application for admission
- A non-refundable fee of $35
- An official copy of your high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED
- Verification of the MMR (2 doses) and meningitis (1 dose after age 16) immunizations (On-Campus only)
- Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Admission decisions and scholarship awards can be made once we receive an application, transcript, andACT/SAT scores. You will be notified of your admission status via text message and mail.