Official Transcript Requests
Valley City State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official transcript ordering online. This service will allow you to order official transcripts securely via the web anytime. In addition to the automated ordering service, you will also be able to track your order status, receive timely email notices regarding your transcript request, as well as, review your order status history.
To use the online transcript service, a major credit/debit card and a valid email account are needed. Credit cards will only be charged after transcript orders have been completed. A fee of $5 is required per transcript, plus applicable processing fees if special order options are requested. (See Delivery and Fee Options below).
To fully access the Clearinghouse's online services, you will need one of the following browsers (beta versions of browsers are not supported):
General Ordering Information
- A transcript will not be issued if a financial hold is placed on a student account.
- The hold must be satisfied within 60 days of receipt of the request. After 60 days your order will be cancelled and you will need to place a new transcript request.
- Valley City State University honors all transcript requests for 30 days, after 30 days students will need to place a new transcript request.
- Current and former students with online CampusConnection access may view and print an unofficial transcript free of charge through Campus Connection (Self Service>Academic Records>View Unofficial Transcript). Note: Unofficial transcripts are only available online for students who were enrolled at VCSU Fall 2003 or later.
- Transcript requests of academic coursework completed at other institutions must be directed to the respective institutions.
- Faxed transcripts are not considered official. Verify the type of transcript needed before requesting a copy to be faxed.
Delivery and Fee Options
Regular First Class Mail - $5/transcript
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be mailed within 1 business day. Please allow additional 5-7 business days for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
Unofficial Fax/Official Mail Combo - $5/transcript $10 Surcharge per order
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be faxed and a hard copy will be mailed within 1 business day. Please allow additional 5-7 business days for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
Hold for Pick Up - $5/transcript
Once your transcript request is received in our office, the transcript will be available for pick-up within 1 business day. You will receive an email notification when your transcript is ready for pick-up. Photo ID is required for pickup.
Hold for Pick Up (Same Day) - $5/transcript $10 Surcharge per order
If your order is received in our office by 1:00PM, your transcript will be available for pickup after 2:00PM. Photo ID is required for pickup.
FedEx/International - $5/transcript $40 Surcharge per order
Transcript will be mailed to recipient via FedEx within 1 business day after the order is received in the Registrar's Office for receipt within 2 business days.
FedEx/United States - $5/transcript $25 Surcharge per order
THIS OPTION IS APPLICABLE FOR US AND CANADA DELIVERY. Transcript will be mailed to recipient via FedEx within 1 business day after the order is received in the Registrar's Office for receipt within 2 business days
If you have a major credit/debit card and a valid email address, you may order your transcript online.
Currently enrolled VCSU student may order official transcripts directly for the National Student Clearinghouse site through their Campus Connection secured sign-in.
- Access the Campus Connection Portal-After signing into CampusConnection
- Click Self Service>Academic Records>Order Official Transcript
- This will direct you to the NSLC secured Site
- Click Order or Track a Transcript
- Click Order
- Complete the 5 step request process
Former and Alumni Students
Individuals who do not have a CampusConnection account may order official transcripts directly from National Student Clearinghouse from their secured site getmytranscript.com
If you do not have a major credit/debit card and valid email address, please print the Transcript Request Form. Please make check payable to Valley City State University and mail your check and the Transcript Request Form to:
- Office of the Registrar
- Valley City State University
- 101 College St SE
- Valley City, ND 58072