About Prairie Waters Education & Research Center
The purpose of the Prairie Waters Education and Research Center is to provide environmental education and research opportunities for students, teachers and professionals in North Dakota.
The Center is located in the former Kathryn School in Kathryn, North Dakota, approximately 20 miles south of Valley City.
Advisory Board Members
- Dr. Andre DeLorme, Professor/ Director of Prairie Waters Education and Research Center
- Bonita Roswick, Education Specialist, Prairie Waters Education and Research Center
- Mary Lee Nielson, City Commissioner, Valley City, ND
- Joelle Hanson-Manlove, Science Teacher, Valley City Jr. High, Valley City, ND
- Jim Collins, North Dakota Department of Health
- Marty Egeland, North Dakota Game and Fish
- Tyler Modlin, Park Manager, Fort Ransom State Park, Fort Ransom, ND
- Julianne Racine, NDSU Extension Agent, Agriculture and Natural Resources, LaMoure County, ND
- Wesley Wintch, Vice President for Business Affairs, Valley City State University, Valley City, ND
- Paul Fischer, Former Mayor of Kathryn, ND
- Dean Strand, Science Teacher and River Watch participant, Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg School
- Linda Christensen, 4th grade teacher, Litchville-Marion School