What Happens To Recycled Items??
* Metal: Reinforcement beams for cars, more cans...it takes old steel to make new steel so keep that in mind!!
* Office Paper: Goes to a Tissue Mill to make toilet tissue & napkins.
* Newspaper: Used to make egg cartons
* Aluminum Beverage Cans: Aluminum is THE MOST RECYCLABLE ITEM...can be recycled 11 times to make more Aluminum Beverage cans. Did you know that $51 BILLION in Aluminum cans are thrown away every year!?!?
* Corrugated Cardboard: Makes more Boxes, Boxboard
* Plastics #1: Goes to a company by the name of Mohawk Industry to make carpeting.
* Plastics #2: Containers, Benches, Fencing & Decking are all made from this Plastic.
* Magazines: Magazines and a blend of old Newsprint creates New Newsprint.
* Glass: Depending on the company Glass is taken to, it is used for making new glass bottles or used in Glassblasting & Landscaping.
* Plastic Grocery Bags/Shrink Wrap: For use in Lumber
Facts and Information taken for Valley City's own "Valley Recycling" webpage. Please click VALLEY RECYCLING
for information on Valley City's recycling facility.