For the second consecutive year, the community of Valley City and surrounding area will host the Special Olympics North Dakota (SOND) State Winter Games. This winter's games will take place on Friday and Saturday, January 18-19, 2013.
More than 150 Special Olympic athletes, children and adults with intellectual disabilities, and Unified Partners from throughout North Dakota will complete in the two-day event for the chance to be a state champion. Events include alpine skiing, cross country skiing, showshoe racing, and unified team handball.
· Individual and groups are offered the opportunity to volunteer in many areas including:
· facilities set up and support
· team handball timers and scorekeepers
· cross country skiing and showshoe racing competition support
· alpine skiing competition support
· athlete meal preparation and distribution
· all-tournament team support
To learn more about the State Winter Games or to sign up as a volunteer contact SOND Director of Sports Reid Huttunen at 701.746.0331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU
can make a difference by volunteering.
For more information on Special Olympics North Dakota visit their website at www.specialolympicsnorthdakota.org
You can also "like" them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/specialolympicsND
and follow them on Twitter @SONorthDakota.