Institutional Review Board
Heather Kvilvang, Ph.D. – School of Education
Hilde Van Gijssel, Ph.D. – Science
Casey Williams, Ph.D. – Fisheries and Wildlife Science
David DeMuth, Ph.D – Director of Undergraduate Research (Academic Affairs Representative)
Emily Fenster, Ph.D. – Social Science
Kenneth Jimenez, Ph.D. – At Large
Daniel Larson, Grade 7-9 Principal, Valley City Public Schools (Education Representative)
Natalie Wintch, J.D. – Unaffiliated Community Representative
The following representatives shall be assigned to the committee:
- The Director for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning serves as the IRB Chair.
- Five representatives from the academic program areas noted above.
- One representative elected at large by the Faculty Association.
- At least one unaffiliated representative from the community or surrounding area based on need for relevant composition and/or expertise on the Board, with preference for representatives of the medical and/or legal profession.
- Respective alternate members officially permitted to attend and vote on IRB matters in cases of the absence of one of the Board’s regular members.
- Additional members are allowed as determined by university leadership in consultation with faculty.