Choose Your Pathway
Valley City State University offers teachers different pathways to earn a North Dakota Gifted and Talented Endorsement, through a hybrid program that combines coursework from Extended Learning professional development courses in Gifted Education and STEM ED graduate coursework.
- Our gifted and talented education is housed within STEM ED, where there is a high degree of overlap in materials, methods, problem solving, and creativity.
- We train teachers to meet the needs of their Gifted and Talented learners within the general education classroom OR within a Gifted and Talented program
- The endorsement is only 17 credits – it can also lead to a Master’s Degree in STEM ED.
- 9-12 month completion rate
- Gifted and Talented Card
- Gifted and Talented Poster
Through Extended Learning
- Co-teaching Models
- Identification and Assessment of Gifted and Talented
- Capstone and portfolio
STEM ED Graduate Courses (choose 4)
- STEM Curriculum and Methods in Elementary
- Design, Technology, and Engineering for Elementary
- Inquiry Based Thematic Instruction
- Building Math
- Invention and Innovation