VCSU Alumni Association Names Homecoming 2021 Honorees
Fifteen Alumni will be honored during the Valley City State University Alumni Association 2021 Homecoming celebration scheduled October 1 and 2.
An all-Alumni Honors Breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 2, at the VCSU Student Center. At the Honors Breakfast the VCSU Alumni Association will present fellow alumni with Certificate of Merit, Alumni Service, and Young Alumni Achievement awards.
Eight alumni will be honored with the Certificate of Merit award. The Certificate of Merit was established to recognize alumni for accomplishments, service or other noteworthy honors. This year’s recipients include:
- Stephen “Doc” Dockter, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota;
- Justin Klein, Devils Lake, North Dakota;
- Abbey Kochel, Billings Montana;
- Mike Lentz, Valley City, North Dakota;
- Dianne Moser, Dayton, Wyoming;
- Bruce Scheie, Fargo, North Dakota;
- Kim (Rehovsky) Schneider, Canton South Dakota; and
- Larry Wicks, Woodbury, Minnesota.
The Alumni Service Award was created to recognize alumni or university friends who have attained exceptional achievement in their careers and have made significant contributions to the University through dedicated service, promotion, financial support or other efforts. The Alumni Service Award is being presented to:
- Loree (Meyer) Morehouse, Valley City, North Dakota;
- Doug Schindele, Stephen, Minnesota; and
- Bill Tyrell, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
The Young Alumni Achievement Award was established in 2012 to recognize VCSU’s more recent, outstanding alumni as they embark on their chosen paths and strive for greatness. The award is presented to recognize leaders under the age of 40. This year four individuals were selected, they include:
- Mary Burchill, Valley City, North Dakota;
- Brady Larson, Bismarck, North Dakota;
- Matthew Nielson, Valley City, North Dakota; and
- Mark Rerick, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
The public is invited to attend the Alumni Honors Breakfast. Tickets are $10 each and may be reserved by calling the VCSU Alumni Office at 701-845-7403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.