SUMMER 2014 REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 24, 2014
Graduate Professional Development Credits
- Graduate Professional Development courses are delivered primarily to teachers for the purpose of continued licensure. VCSU was approved by the Higher Learning Commission in 2009 to offer an unlimited number of these credits to educators.
- A syllabus for any of the courses offered is available by email upon request to "Extend@vcsu.edu".
- Courses are offered in either a S & U or graded format. Graded courses must include a grading rubric as part of the course syllabus.
- The grading rubric should contain expectations for each course objective that reflect the qualitative decisions the instructor will make about the student's work to determine each particular letter grade.
- Face-to-face courses require 15 instructor contact hours for each credit hour. Additional, out of class study time or assignments should be expected.
- Online courses are expected to require the same amount of student effort as face-to-face courses.
- Instructors teaching graduate professional development courses hold a masters degree or higher.
Types of Courses Offered
VCSU offers a variety of courses and workshops that fulfilled the academic needs and interests of teachers. Courses are offered in several formats including face-to-face, online, workshops, and combined formats.
Course length may include:
- weekend workshops,
- full term courses, and
- online courses available for completion at the student's own pace
All courses conform to the VCSU policy linked below here.